In “Heart, We Will Forget Him!” by Emily Dickinson, the speaker shows a conflict between what we think and what we feel. Describe a time when your heart and your mind seemed to want two different things. Which one did you listen to, and why?

Response: A time when my heart and mind seemed to want two different things was when I was deciding if I was going to leave my summer camp. I had been going to the same camp for 8 years and I was on staff this year. However the experience being on staff was terrible and I was debating between going home or staying. My mind said that it would be best for me to leave, but my heart was telling me to stay because leaving meant I would not be able to come back the next year, and I had an emotional attachment to camp. Ultimately I chose to leave because I did not think it was okay the way I was being treated and thought it was important to do what was best for me.

Summary: This lesson we read another Emily Dickinson poem. We also covered healthy vs unhealthy ways to get over someone.

Reflection: I thought this poem was kind of confusing but I liked the conflict between the heart and the mind.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Write about an adventure you would like to go on.

Describe one thing that makes you different from other people.

Write about a fear you have overcome