In “Her Sweet Weight on My Heart a Night” by Emily Dickinson, the speaker describes the emotional weight another person can have on us. Think about someone who has left a lasting impact on your life. In what ways do you still carry that person with you?

Response: My mom has left a lasting impact on my life. She is my biggest supporter and is always there for me. I carry her with me always in all the decisions I make. If I ever don't know how to go about a situation, she is always the first person I call. I try to do things the way I think she would do them because she is such a role model for me.

Summary: This lesson we illustrated a heart based on one of Emily Dickinson's poems. This heart was split into two sides to represent the conflict between the heart and the mind.

Reflection: I thought that this activity was fun and engaging.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Write about an adventure you would like to go on.

Describe one thing that makes you different from other people.

Write about a fear you have overcome