Write about a time you felt connected to nature, like the kinship in Native American myths.

Prompt Response: One time I felt connected to nature, like the kinship in Native American Myths was when I raised caterpillars intro butterflies. I was 12 and received a kit for my birthday to "hatch" butterflies. After around a week the butterflies hatched. I thought that the butterflies were so beautiful and I didn't want to release them. My connection was not as strong or intense as the kinship in Native American myths, however I did feel a strange relationship with the butterflies since I had taken care of them for so long.

Summary: Our lesson today was an introduction to Native American Literature. We discussed vocab terms as well as commonalities among Native American stories.

Reflection: I learned some common misconceptions about Native Americans. For example, I have always imagined them in traditional tribal wear, however I now know that they are more regularly seen as everyday people, and aren't easily identifiable.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Write about an adventure you would like to go on.

Describe one thing that makes you different from other people.

Write about a fear you have overcome