Emily struggles with letting go of people throughout her life, and the ending reveals the extreme length she went to in order to keep Homer with her. Why do you think some people have such a difficult time accepting loss or change? Connect Emily’s actions to your own observations or experiences with people struggling to let go.
Response: I think some people have a hard time accepting loss or change because they don't want to feel their grief. Similar to Emily, sometimes I meet parents who still act like teenagers. For example, they engage with their children's gossip and treat their friends immaturely. To me it seems as though they don't want to accept the fact that they are grown up and they want to keep pretending that they are a teenager. These parents also usually fit a certain stereotype for how they were back in high school.
Summary: We finished reading "a rose for Emily" and answered the corresponding questions.
Reflection: I thought that the story was really interesting, and I liked the movie adaptation because it helped me visualize the scenes from the story.
Comments
Post a Comment