In “The Rockpile,” the children know that the rockpile is dangerous and that they are supposed to stay away from it, but curiosity still draws them toward it. Think about a time when curiosity or temptation caused you to ignore a warning or rule. What happened, and what did you learn from the experience?

Response: A time where curiosity or temptation caused me to ignore a warning or rule was when I wouldn't wear my sling despite orders from my doctor. I really didn't like wearing my sling so I often wouldn't wear it whenever I wasn't around my parents. Nothing bad happened, however my parents found out. When we went to the doctor my parents told them I hadn't been wearing my sling as instructed and they warned me of the risks. After that I realized how important it was to wear it for my recovery.

Summary: Today we read The Rockpile by James Baldwin.

Reflection: I thought that the story was a little confusing, but very intriguing. I also found it kind of sad.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Write about an adventure you would like to go on.

Describe one thing that makes you different from other people.

Write about a fear you have overcome